My kids know how to have a good time!
It’s been in the 90s for a few weeks, and we could wait no longer. I had Matt pick up a kiddie pool from Walmart on the way home for lunch, and by 1 p.m. we had the sunscreen on and splashed into the cold water.
Here are some things I learned rockin’ the kiddie pool this afternoon:
- Adults are not meant to merely watch poolside while the kids play. You’ve got to get in too!
- Bring on the bath toys. A kiddie pool is just a little larger, and bath toys make the time more fun. If you have any ball pit balls, those work great, too!
- Splashing is a must. It is a requirement for kiddie pool fun, so don’t think you’ll get in but you want to keep your hair dry. You will be soaked from head to toe.
- You can measure the amount of fun had by how much grass is in the pool.
- Don’t fill the pool but maybe half full. When you sit down you’ll know why.
- Moms make the best waves.
- Kids have a compulsion to splash water outside of the pool. Just go with it!
- Wet, sunscreened kids are slippery. Be careful when entering the house!
- Naps should quickly follow afternoon kiddie pool fun. Treasure their worn out, peaceful faces already asleep before you tiptoe out of the room.
- Leave the pool for dad to empty when he gets home!